Mparntwe/Alice Springs Youth Action Plan 2019-2021
The Mparntwe/Alice Springs Youth Action Plan 2019-2021 (Youth Action Plan) was launched in October 2019. It is a key component of the Regional Youth Services Framework established by the Northern Territory Government in April 2018.
The Youth Action Plan was developed in collaboration with key community partners, including young people, and outlines the goals and priorities for the community over two-years. The Youth Action Plan is focused on Mparntwe/Alice Springs and surrounding town camps, however, over the next two years there will be a broader regional approach to planning and investment in services.
The goals of the Youth Action Plan are:
- Build capacity of existing youth services to enable long-term sustainable change
- Improve outcomes for young people in the Youth Justice system
- Better support for remote communities
- Support the development and implementation of mentoring programs for Aboriginal young people
- Improve education, training, development and employment outcomes for disengaged youth
- Develop integrated programs for young people who are out late at night
- Encourage the development of housing options that are flexible and responsive to the needs of young people
Last updated: 04 December 2019