Honours and Awards for Territorians
The Australian Honours and Awards system recognises the exceptional contributors and quiet achievers in our community.
The Australian Honours and Awards system includes:
Honours and awards are a way to say thank you to Australians in every state and territory for their commitment and hard work.
One of the Meritorious Service Awards is the Public Service Medal awarded to Australian
public servants for outstanding service. Download and complete a nomination form at Public Service Medal Nomination
The Australian Honours and Awards system celebrates the remarkable achievements of Territorians and people across the nation.
Download or complete a nomination form from the Governor-General’s website.
A list of all Northern Territory Honours and Awards recipients can be found at honours.pmc.gov.au/honours/search
Honouring Women in the Territory
- Mrs Jayanthi Srinivas OAM, awarded the Medal of the Order of Australia, General Division, 2018
- Ms Louise Blacker ACM, awarded the Australian Corrections Medal 2018
- Mrs Romola Sebastianpillai OAM, awarded the Medal of the Order of Australia, General Division, 2018
Invested by Her Honour The Honourable Vicki O’Halloran AO, Administrator of the Northern Territory
Northern Territory women can be acknowledged for their commitment across professional, public and community ventures in various fields through the Australian Honours and Awards system.
The Northern Territory has many extraordinary women who enrich our lives and communities, and are leading the way for other women to follow in their footsteps.
The awards and honours highlight Territorian women who work tirelessly to change our communities for the better.
If you know a woman who deserves to be recognised for their outstanding contribution in their community or field nominate them for an Order of Australia Award. Download or complete a nomination form from the Governor-General’s website.
Australian Honours and Awards are announced several times a year:
- Australia Day - 26 January
- Queen's Birthday - 8 June
- Australian Bravery Decorations - April and August
International Women's Day (IWD) is celebrated annually on March 8 and is a global day celebrating the economic, political and social achievements of women past, present and future.
The campaign theme for International Women’s Day (IWD) 2020 is an ‘equal world is a world enabled’ - #Eachforequal
The day has occurred for well over a century, with the first IWD gathering in 1911.
To ensure you are part of IWD 2020 activities check the calendar and register to attend one of the many events being held around the Territory.
Happy International Women’s Day 2020!
Congratulations to this year's recipients.
- Member of the Order of Australia (AM) Dr Janice Hills for significant service to veterinary science, and to the community.
- Medal of the Order of Australia (OAM) Mrs Coralie Brannelly for service to the community of Darwin.
- Medal of the Order of Australia (OAM) Mrs Robyne Burridge for service to people with a disability.
- Medal of the Order of Australia (OAM) Ms Rosemary Plummer for service to the Indigenous community of the Northern Territory.
- Medal of the Order of Australia (OAM) Dr Meg Simmons for service to oral health in outback communities.
Last updated: 18 March 2020
Share this page: