Are you currently living in the Northern Territory?
Your Medicare residential address ensures the Territory receives the correct funding to deliver the services you rely on everyday such as roads, healthcare and schools.
If your Northern Territory home address is registered with Medicare, enter the draw below to win $5000.
Having a Northern Territory residential address registered with Medicare means the Northern Territory receives the correct funding to provide you with better roads, better healthcare and better schools.
The Australian Government collects 10% tax (GST) whenever you pay for goods and services.
GST funding is then distributed to State and Territories according to the number of people living there. Population estimates across Australia are based on each person’s Medicare residential address.
By providing Medicare with the correct residential address, the Northern Territory receives GST funding from the Australian Government to provide you with better roads, better healthcare and better schools.
The GST funding will go to the State or Territory where you live according to your Medicare.
If your Medicare residential address suggests you live outside the Northern Territory, the GST funding will flow to another State and fund services there, instead of supporting the ones you are using here.
You have FOUR easy ways to update your residential address:
- Through your myGov account (steps below)
- Step 1: go to myGov and open your Medicare linked service
- Step 2: select Personal Information from the page or the main menu
- Step 3: update your personal information
- Step 4: update your residential and mailing address
- Step 5: confirm your personal information
- Step 6: personal information updated
- Step 7: sign out
- Download the Express Plus Medicare mobile app
- Call Medicare general enquiries on 132 011
- Visit your nearest Centrelink/ Medicare
If your NT home address is registered with Medicare, you can enter the draw to win $5000.
- Check your Medicare details are current using the steps above and complete the entry form.
- Competition is open from 1 March to 31 May 2020
- View the full competition Terms and Conditions, and Privacy Statement.
Last updated: 09 March 2020
Share this page: