Applications open for Smart Energy Grants
Territorians are now able to access energy-efficient initiatives for their homes through new “Smart Energy” grants that will help lower the cost of living, create work for small businesses and tradies, and help deliver on the Government’s target of 50% renewables by 2030.
The Smart Energy grants were identified as an important initiative in the Roadmap to Renewables report, which sets out a path for the NT to take advantage of job-creating opportunities from the global shift to renewable energy.
The Smart Energy Grants will be run through a voucher system on a 50-50 co-contribution basis for up to $1000 to owners of residential or investment properties to undertake energy efficiency measures to their homes.
For approved eligible member of the NT pensioner and carer’s scheme the co-contribution required will be 25% (instead of 50%), making it affordable to undertake improvements to their homes to be more energy efficient.
All of the criteria below must be completed by an eligible Territory business.
Vouchers will be available from January 2, 2018.
- Installation of solar PV system;
- Installation of batteries connected to a solar system;
- Installation of a solar or energy efficient pool pump;
- Installation or replacement of a solar hot water system;
- Energy efficient lighting replacement;
- Energy efficient air-conditioner replacement (including reverse cycle systems);
- Energy Efficient electric heat pump hot water system or pool pumps;
- Installation of smart meters/energy monitoring devices
Further information is available at https://roadmaptorenewables.nt.gov.au/information/smart-energy-grant or on 1800 193 111.