Honouring Territory Women
A new web page honouring Territory women is now live. The Northern Territory has many extraordinary women who enrich our lives and communities, and are leading the way for other women to follow in their footsteps. The Australian Honours and Awards system recognises the exceptional contributors and quiet achievers in our community.
The awards and honours highlight Territorian women who work tirelessly to change our communities for the better.
If you know a woman who deserves to be recognised for their outstanding contribution in their community or field nominate them for an Order of Australia Award. Anyone can nominate someone so download or complete a nomination form from the Governor-General’s website. https://www.gg.gov.au/australian-honours-and-awards/nominate-someone-award
Honours and awards are a way to say thank you to Australians in every state and territory for their commitment and hard work.
Northern Territory women can be acknowledged for their commitment across professional, public and community ventures in various fields through the Australian Honours and Awards system. https://www.pmc.gov.au/government/its-honour
To nominate someone you just need some key information:
- The contact details of the person you are nominating
- A short case of why/who you are nominating; including
- Examples of how they have demonstrated outstanding qualities
- What they have done to make things better for others
- The role(s) or area(s) in which they have excelled
- The period of time, or dates of service (if known)
- Evidence of other awards or recognition received by the nominee
- Up to four referees (including contact details)
A list of all Northern Territory Honours and Awards recipients can be found at honours.pmc.gov.au/honours/search