Aboriginal Leadership and Governance Forum

About the event

The Northern Territory Government is again hosting the Aboriginal Leadership and Governance Forum.

Following on from the successful inaugural event in 2018 – This premiere event will bring together Aboriginal leaders, elders, senior members of Aboriginal organisations, aspiring Aboriginal youth, with heads of corporate, government and community organisations.

Listen as stories, experiences and challenges are shared, and opportunities are explored. Learn more about how Aboriginal leadership and governance is evolving in the Territory.

The forum is a key event for Aboriginal Affairs Strategic Partnerships in 2019. It will include a welcome reception, keynote presentations and a question and answer session.

Event program

Held at the Double Tree by Hilton on Friday 19 July 2019, this one day forum is designed to stimulate, inspire and celebrate what leadership and governance means to Aboriginal people today.

Through a mix of keynote speakers, case studies and panel discussions hear firsthand about:

  • different leadership styles and governance practices
  • the challenges and opportunities facing Aboriginal people

Helping to generate robust and honest discussions in the heart of the nation – Alice Springs. This is an ideal opportunity for people living in remote and regional communities to meet people from town.

Who will attend?

Current leaders

Aspiring leaders

Future leaders


Registration is free. Some travel and accommodation assistance available for remote people to attend.

Register now

Download Flyer PDF (697.8 KB)

To find out more call Ms Dale McIver on 0417 864 085 or email dale.mciver.au@bigpond.com or visit nt.gov.au/oaa to learn more about new Office of Aboriginal Affairs’ initiatives.

Registrations close on 12 July 2019.

Last updated: 05 June 2019


Was this page useful?

Describe your experience

More feedback options

To provide comments or suggestions about the NT.GOV.AU website, complete our feedback form.

For all other feedback or enquiries, you must contact the relevant government agency.