Some of our information has moved to NT.GOV.AU
About the Office of Aboriginal Affairs
The Office of Aboriginal Affairs (OAA) focuses on economic development and job opportunities for Northern Territory (NT) Aboriginal communities.
- guides and coordinates Aboriginal affairs though innovative policy development
- drives economic reform for Aboriginal communities
- supports Aboriginal Territorians to participate in the NT economy, while supporting a connection to lands, languages and culture
- provides an integrated and coordinated approach to service delivery, program and policy development and future investment responses by government
- builds and maintains partnerships with Aboriginal people, businesses, the private sector and non-government organisations.
Aboriginal affairs strategy
The Aboriginal affairs strategy sets out the direction and pathways to improving the economic and social well being of Aboriginal people in the Territory. The strategy is aligned to the Northern Territory Government's Framing the Future strategic plan.
Remote Aboriginal economic development fund
Go to the Northern Territory Government website to find out about the remote Aboriginal economic development fund, including how to apply.
Office of Aboriginal Affairs
Department of the Chief Minister
GPO Box 2605
Alice Springs NT 0871
Phone: (08) 8951 5670
Last updated: 22 February 2017