2019 Remote Aboriginal Governance and Capacity Building Grant Program
If you are an Aboriginal community controlled organisation or corporation that provides services to remote communities across the Northern Territory, you may be able to apply for a Governance and Capacity Building Grant.
The Remote Aboriginal Governance and Capacity Building Grant Program is available to support remote communities across the Northern Territory to strengthen their capacity and capabilities to actively enhance their governance, leadership and operational processes and structures to meet their community aspirations.
Funding is available for projects that will benefit Aboriginal people by:
- improving governance
- building capacity - leadership, skills and expertise
- improving operational management skills and expertise
- contributing to community capacity building
- increasing community input into service delivery.
Who can apply?
To be eligible for a grant, you must satisfy all of the following:
- your organisation or submitted project must be based in a remote area. Remote means outside Greater Darwin, Nhulunbuy, Katherine, Tennant Creek and Alice Springs and is inclusive of town camps and homelands.
- your organisation must be registered and have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- your organisation must be an Aboriginal enterprise, organisation or partnership, or a not-for-profit organisation.
You cannot apply if you are an individual or government agency, body or enterprise.
What you can apply for
Two types of grants are available:
- Grants up to $20,000
For small projects with a total value of less than $20,000. Grant funding will be up to 100 per cent of your eligible project costs.
- Grants up to $50,000
For projects with a total value of more than $20,000. Grant funding will be up to 75 per cent of your eligible project costs to a maximum of $50,000.
When to apply
You can apply now until 3 May 2019.
How to apply
To apply for one of the grants follow these steps.
Step 1. Review the Remote Aboriginal Governance and Capacity Building Grant Program guidelines.
Step 3. Send your application by email or mail.
Mail: PO Box 2605
Alice Springs NT 0871
You will receive confirmation in writing that your application has been received.
Aboriginal Affairs Strategic Partnerships Phone: (08) 8951 5183
Last updated: 01 April 2019