$68.5 million to rebuild Territory schools
Schools right across the Territory will be repaired and upgraded as part of a $100 million Northern Territory
Government 'Boosting our Economy' package.
The Boosting our Economy package is designed to provide a short-term cash injection into the Northern Territory economy. The package will create economic benefits to Northern Territory businesses through projects that will stimulate direct and indirect job creation for the local community and the construction sector.
The Government will invest $58.5 million in government schools and $10 million in non-government schools to fund major capital works, painting contracts and upgrades to water and mechanical systems.
The $100.5 million 'Boosting our Economy' package will include:
- $68.5 million for education projects (including upgrades, repairs and maintenance at government and non-government schools)
- $15 million for sport and recreation projects
- $10 million for a community services project
- $5 million for tourism projects
- $2 million for flood mitigation works at Ludmilla Creek.
For more information on the Boosting our Economy – Education Works package including how to lodge a tender application for projects visit www.infrastructure.nt.gov.au