Growing pride in Public Housing properties
The Public Housing Garden Competition is a hotly contested event and 2016 has been no different.
The competition is being held as four events across the Northern Territory.
A variety of high quality entries were received across all categories. Expert judges were Gayan Seneviratne (Allora Gardens), Jethrow Laidlaw (PowerWater’s Living Water Smart) and Dimitri Petrelis (Department of Housing and Community Development). The judges were impressed with the level of care and creativity tenants put into their gardens.
The Greater Darwin competition partnered with the Royal Darwin Show. Winners were:
- Best edible garden – Fernando and Nelita Villarosa
- Best colourful garden – Thu Thi and Tien Hoang Pham
- Best balcony, small space or pot garden– Olivia Quim
- Best native, sustainable or waterwise garden – Grant White
- Best community garden – Richard and Dawn Cockman
The Katherine competition took place in August. Winners were:
- Best native, sustainable or waterwise garden - Susan Roddenby
- Best colourful garden – Jean O’Connor
- Best balcony, small space or pot garden – Robyn Stewart